Handbook of Research Methods and Applications
Luigino Bruni, Pier Luigi Porta (eds)
Edwar Elgar Publishing, 2016
ISBN: 978 1 78347 116 4
Buy on Edward Elgar Publishing
Offering a thorough assessment of the recent developments in the economic literature on happiness and quality of life, this Handbook astutely considers both methods of estimation and policy application. The expert contributors critically present in-depth research on a wide range of topics including culture and media, inequality, and the relational and emotional side of human life. Accessible and far-reaching, it will prove an invaluable resource for students and scholars of welfare and economics. Luigino Bruni and Pier Luigi Porta’s refreshing, and constructively critical, approach emphasizes the subject’s integral impact on latter-day capitalism.
Expert contributors critically present in-depth research on a wide range of topics including:
• the history of the idea of quality of life and the impact of globalization
• links between happiness and health
• comparisons between hedonic and eudaimonic well-being
• the relational and emotional side of human life, including subjective indicators of well-being
• genetic and environmental contributions to life satisfaction
• the impact of culture, fine arts and new media.
Accessible and far-reaching, the Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Happiness and Quality of Life will prove an invaluable resource for students and scholars of welfare and economics as well as practicing psychologists and researchers.
Recommend to librarian